We would like to share what we are doing and how we need you to help us maintain our commitment. Our Enhanced Safety Protocol involves the following steps:
Continuous sanitation of all surfaces, equipment, and tools every 30 minutes.
Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by all staff members and therapists and a plexiglass shield at the front desk.
Coordinated and staggered appointments to limit the number of patients in the clinic at a time. Eliminating waiting inside the clinic for your appointment. Patients will be asked to call when they arrive and they will be notified when to come into the clinic.
Thorough room sanitation breaks in between appointments.
Social distancing markers, signage, a new check-in protocol, and booking process.
Hand washing, and hand sanitizer stations available to all patients, staff, and therapists. We are asking all patients to not bring personal belongings including water bottles and purses.
Washrooms are available and are sanitized after each use.
Only patients receiving treatment will be allowed inside the clinic.
What you can do to help us maintain our commitment and comply with our safety protocol
Comply with our new check-in process:
1. Call the front desk when you arrive and wait in your vehicle until you are asked to come. Stand in/at the marker and use the hand sanitizer provided at the front desk. No cash will be accepted at this time only debit and credit cards. Head to your treatment room immediately and wait for your therapist to close the door and start your session. After your appointment, please yield to in-coming traffic.
2. Safely book your next appointment from the comfort of your home: We are now offering 2 easy methods to book your upcoming appointments: Visit our website at saliusphysiotherapy.com to book your appointment online, or call your Salius Physiotherapy Clinic at 604.503.6949.
3. Use your personal protective equipment (PPE)! We kindly ask that you wear the following protective equipment to each appointment: Required: A mask, or cloth face covering such as bandannas, scarfs, or disposable masks. If you do not come in with a mask you will be asked to purchase a mask for your appointment. Gloves, and hand sanitizer over them before touching any surface.
4. Comply with our Sickness/Cancellation Policy. As a preventative measure, we ask that you call and cancel your appointment(s) at any time if you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms such as:
SHORTNESS OF BREATH
Speak to your doctor regarding these symptoms and when it would be safe to re-book your appointment. We will coordinate this with you directly and on a case by case basis.
5. Fill out our INFORMED CONSENT and use BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool: Prior to your appointment or the day before: Check your email and complete the INFORMED CONSENT form. Use this BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool provided by the BC government. *speak to your doctor about any symptoms you may be having and what the next best steps are.
THANK YOU FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT