Pool therapy is an extremely effective type of physical therapy that is conducted in a pool or aquatic setting.
This form of physiotherapy is a proven way of managing your pain after an accident or injury as well as maintaining your strength and stability in your muscles and joints.
- Arthroscopic surgery recovery
- Balance disorders
- Cerebral palsy
- Idiopathic joint pain
- Joint reconstruction surgery recovery
- Joint replacement surgery recovery
- Lower back pain
- Spinal cord injury
- Sprains and strains
Some of our common goals when conducting pool therapy include the following:
- Adding flexibility
- Improving coordination & balance
- Building muscle stamina and strength
- Improving aerobic capacity
- Aiding with locomotion and gait
- Helping to reduce stress
Overall pool therapy is a safe and gentle exercise regiment that can be helpful is you managing your pain and recovering your physical abilities after an injury.
To learn more about pool therapy contact our office today.