- light/sound sensitivity
- balance problems
- sleep difficulties
- difficulty concentrating
- memory problems
- *loss of consciousness occurs in less than 10% of cases and not a diagnostic requirement or severity*
Vestibular rehabilitation is an exercise regiment designed by a health care professional to improve balance and reduce symptoms of dizziness.
Most commonly individuals who get referred to try Vestibular Therapy have some form of neck-related injury or vertigo.
Some of the most common conditions and symptoms patients who seek Vestibular Therapy suffer from include the following:
- Dizziness or blurry vision with head movements
- Neck tightness, stiffness and/or pain
- Imbalance or the need to hold onto objects when walking
- Injuries from falls
- Generalized “dizziness, wooziness and foggy head” feelings
Some of the benefits of Vestibular Therapy include:
- Lessened risk of falls
- Decrease in dizziness
- Better balance and stability
- More ability to stabilize vision
- Increased muscle strength
- Improved mobility
- More range of motion in the neck
To learn more about vestibular therapy contact our office today.